Trader Joe’s Kale and Broccoli Slaw Salad with Chicken Copycat
Looking for healthy side dish? Try this yummy slaw featuring broccoli, cabbage, kale, onions, cranberries and chicken sprinkled with sesame seeds and a sweet and spicy dressing. Tastes just like Trader Joe’s Kale and Broccoli Slaw Salad with Chicken.
- SWEET and SPICY DRESSING:
- 5 cups kale, finely chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 3 cups broccoli slaw
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup plain, fat-freefree Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Adapted from relish.com
Combine all of the Sweet and Spicy dressing ingredients into a big bowl. Mix with a whisk. Taste and season accordingly. Set aside.
Assemble the salad. Toss chopped kale, broccoli slaw, and green cabbage together. Add in the chicken, the cranberries, and the sunflower seeds. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss it all together. Let the salad sit for 30 minutes or so to allow kale to soften.
This recipe originally appeared on Snack Therapy as Kale and Broccoli Slaw Salad with Chicken: Copycat Recipe.
You'll also love
- Seafood Stuffed Bell Peppers 3.8/5 (219 Votes)
- Meatloaf, Potatoes and Carrots 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach & Sausage Cannelloni... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Lettuce, Banana and Strawberry... 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Broccoli With Sesame Seeds 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Kale White Bean and Sausage Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Kale Salad with Mango and Coconut 3.8/5 (10 Votes)