General Tso's Chinese Chicken
This General Tso's Chinese Chicken is awesome! No need to order for delivery with this great recipe. Best served with rice, enjoy!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1/8 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds chicken breasts - cut into cubes
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 2 bunches of green onions
- 5-8 dried chilies
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 100mins
Place sauce ingredients in a quart jar with a lid and shake to mix. You can make ahead of time and refrigerate until needed, shaking again when you are ready to use it.
To make the batter, beat the egg in a bowl. Once the egg is beaten, mix the soy sauce in well. Slowly add the cornstarch into the egg and soy sauce mixture, mixing until it is the consistency of peanut butter.
Add chicken pieces to the batter and cover them using a fork and allow excess to drip off.
Heat the peanut oil in a wok until medium high.
Add chicken to hot oil and fry until crispy in wok. Cook up to 8 pieces at a time.
Drain chicken on paper towel and keep warm in oven. Repeat until all chicken has been fried. Drain the oil from the wok.
Add green onions and hot pepper to the wok and stir fry for 30 seconds.
Stir sauce mixture in with the onions and pepper in the wok, and cook until thick. You will see it begin to bubble and thicken. Add chicken and broccoli to sauce and mix together quickly. Cook for just 1-2 minutes and serve over rice.
Note: Want crispier chicken, and serve the sauce separate? Add about 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of water and 2 dashes of soy sauce to to the sauce mixture with the broccoli and serve separately.
You'll also love
- Long John Silver's Fish Batter 3.9/5 (510 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Butter Pollock Fillets 3.9/5 (612 Votes)
- Fiesta Chicken Crock Pot 3.8/5 (889 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita 4.3/5 (382 Votes)
- Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers 3.8/5 (778 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (280 Votes)
- El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade 3.7/5 (380 Votes)
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip 4.4/5 (205 Votes)