Caramelized Black Pepper Chicken
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 dried red chilies, halved
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cilantro for garnish
Adapted from best-foods-recipes.com
In a small bowl, combine the sugar, fish sauce, water, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, pepper and chiles. Set aside.
Heat the canola oil in a large deep pan. Add the shallots and cook until soft (about 3 minutes).
Add the cubed chicken pieces and the reserved sauce. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Simmer until the chicken is fully cooked then use a slotted spoon to remove the cooked chicken from the pan.
Increase the heat and continue simmering the sauce until it has reduced by half (it should have a syrupy consistency). Add the chicken back into the pan and toss to coat.
Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice or veggies.
Recipe adapted from Food&Wine.
You'll also love
- Ultimate Chicken Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad with Avocado... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Man-Pleasing Chicken 3.9/5 (65 Votes)
- 5 Chicken Crockpot Recipes 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Jamaican Style Jerk Chicken Recipe 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Hatch Chicken Pot Pie 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Black Pepper Citrus Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)