Chicken Thighs with Homemade Barbeque Sauce
- For the Barbeque Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 -5 cloves garlic – chopped fine
- 1 small red onion – diced
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Whiskey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tbs. vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- For the Chicken thighs:
- 10 bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- Homemade Barbeque Sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
For the Barbeque Sauce:
In a small sauce pan heat the butter, garlic and onions until the onions soften and the garlic is fragrant.
Add all of the remaining ingredients and simmer lightly on a low heat for a minute or two.
Remove from the heat and let cool down.
You may either leave the sauce chunky or give a few good chops in the food processor.
Place in a jar with a lid and refrigerate.
For the Chicken thighs:
Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
Place the thighs in the barbeque sauce; cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Place the chicken thighs in a baking pan; and cover with a little more barbeque sauce.
Bake 45-50 minutes.
You'll also love
- Simply Citrus Cream Cake 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Cajun Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Cilantro-Lime Jalapeno Chicken... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Caramelized Black Pepper Chicken 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Man-Pleasing Chicken 3.9/5 (65 Votes)
- 5 Chicken Crockpot Recipes 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Low-FODMAP Creamy Parmesan Chicken 4.1/5 (16 Votes)