Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Zucchini boats are filled with a hearty ground beef, pepper and cheese mixture and then baked until tender. Topped with more cheese and heated until the cheese is melted. This is a perfect light supper.
- 4 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise and middle scooped out and reserved.
- 3/4 pound ground beef or chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped red, yellow or green peppers
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Slice the zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the middle. Reserve the middle of the zucchini to add to the filling.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Add the peppers, onions and the reserved middle of the zucchini and cook until the vegetables are tender.
Place the zucchini halves on a sheet pan lined with foil.
In a small pan, mix taco seasoning and water. Stir and simmer a few minutes until seasoning and water are mixed well.
In a large bowl, add beef mixture, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley and taco seasoning mix. Mix well. Spoon mixture into each zucchini boat.
Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. If zucchini is not done, return to oven and check after 10 more minutes.
When cooked through, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and return to oven. Turn heat off. Cheese will melt in about 3 to 5 minutes. Top with green onions and serve.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Crispy Bacon Grilled Cheese Roll... 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Overnight Blueberry Stuffed French... 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Ground Beef Stuffed Green Bell... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Drop Scones 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut... 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bites 4.8/5 (17 Votes)