Baked Ziti with Chorizo and Spinach
Easier to make than lasagna, this Baked Ziti with Chorizo and Spinach is perfect for serving a crowd.
- 1 pound package ziti or penne
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 chorizo sausages (dry-cured), sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 (680 ml) jar puréed tomatoes
- 1 (5 ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1 small bunch basil, roughly chopped
- 1 pound boccocini or substitute mozzarella, cubed
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnishing
Adapted from cbc.ca
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Oil a large 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta. Cook until just al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat Dutch oven or large saucepan oven over medium heat. Add olive oil. When oil is hot, add onions, peppers and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until they start to soften, about 3 to 5 minutes until start to soften. Add sausages and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add wine. Let reduce for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Let simmer until flavours marry, about 5 minutes. Add pasta, spinach, basil and boccocini. Toss to combine.
Transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with grated provolone cheese. Bake, uncovered, until browned and bubbly, about 35 to 45 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Fruit Souffle 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Haupia with Pineapple 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Greek Spaghetti Squash Toss 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Hearty Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Potato & Leek Gratin 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Easy Lasagna Pasta Bake 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- How to Spatchcock Cornish Hens 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Creamy Cheesy White Sauce... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)