Country Green Beans
Easy and delicious green beans filled with the rich flavors of chicken broth, crisped bacon, fresh onion, and butter, this recipe makes the perfect side dish to any meaty main course. Even the kiddos will scarf down this healthy vegetable recipe, especially if you get them in the kitchen to help make this yummy side dish.
- 1/4 cup chopped uncooked bacon
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
Combine bacon, green beans, onion, butter, chicken broth, garlic, salt, and pepper in a saucepan. Cover and simmer on medium heat until beans are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Mango Salsa 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- *Garden Fresh Zucchini Cookies... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Paleo Yummy Sweet Potato Gnocchi 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes with Crispy... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Backwoods Bonfire Bark 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Jell-O Cookies 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Orange Dreamsicle Cake 4/5 (47 Votes)
- Beer & Cheddar Fondue 4.3/5 (12 Votes)