Orange Dreamsicle Cake
Light and refreshing, this orange dreamsicle cake is easy to make and is a crowd-please, refreshing dessert after any meal. Perfect for parties, this cake makes a great birthday cake or other celebratory cake. Best served in the summertime, this recipe can be served year-round any time you're craving that creamy orange, creamsicle flavor.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 2 (3-ounce) packages orange Jell-o
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tub Cool Whip
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 550mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Bake the cake as directed in a 9x13-inch pan. Let cake cool completely. Poke holes in cooled cake.
Mix 1 package orange gelatin dessert with 1 cup boiling water and 1 cup cold water. Pour over cake. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Mix pudding mix with cold milk the other package of orange gelatin dessert and vanilla. Beat by hand with a whisk until thickened. Fold in the whipped topping.
Frost the cake with the pudding mixture. These instructions will make a single layered amazing cake that is delicious!
To get the layered look as in this particular picture make your cakes in well greased and floured pans-follow baking instructions. I then tip then out onto cooling rack and invert back onto a cookie sheet. Proceed to poke holes and do the jello thing and refrigerate (or put out on the cold enclosed back porch as we do). It is a little tricky to get the layers, but I love our pan lifters to help with this process.
You'll also love
- Pig Licking Cake 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Low-Carb Cloud Bread with Garlic &... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Green Beans 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- S'mores Chocolate Pie 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Marmalade-Glazed Ham 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Stuffing Casserole 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake with... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cake 4/5 (15 Votes)