Beer & Cheddar Fondue
Beer + Cheddar Cheese = Delicious Fondue! This beer and cheese fondue recipe can be easily doubled or tripled, so make sure you have plenty because it'll be the first dish to disappear at your gathering. Serve with sliced green apples or sweet red apples, assorted sliced vegetables, a variety of crackers, and/or toasted bread points for a slamdunk of an appetizer spread.
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (12-ounces)
- 2 cups American cheese, shredded (8-ounces)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, halved, optional
- 2 cups beer
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- Nonstick cooking spray or disposable slow cooker liner
- Desired dippers (such as French or Italian bread pieces, soft pretzels, breadsticks, red sweet pepper pieces, broccoli florets, and/or carrot sticks)
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from bhg.com
In a large bowl combine cheddar cheese and American cheese. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; toss gently to coat.
If desired, rub the bottom and side of a large saucepan with garlic halves; discard garlic. In the saucepan combine beer and bouillon granules. Bring to boiling over medium heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Gradually stir in cheese mixture, stirring after each addition until cheese is melted.
Coat a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker with a car adapter with cooking spray or line the slow cooker with a disposable liner. Pour cheese mixture into the prepared cooker.
Tightly cover slow cooker and tote in an insulated carrier. If using vegetable dippers, tote them in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
At the tailgating site, plug slow cooker into car adapter and keep fondue warm on warm-heat setting. (Fondue will keep warm, covered, on warm-heat setting for up to 4 hours.) Stir fondue before serving. Serve with desired dippers.
You'll also love
- Fried Chicken Biscuits 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Sandee's Minestrone Soup 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Crab Toast with Lemon Aioli 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Pasteles de masa (Green Banana... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Alien Pretzels (Halloween treats) 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Green Slimed Popcorn 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Taco Burger Sliders 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Halloween Nachos 4.4/5 (14 Votes)