*Garden Fresh Zucchini Cookies with Lemon Cream Cheese Drizzle
Yield: 2 dozen cookies and about 1/2 cup drizzle
- For Cookies:
- 1/4 cup (56 g.) butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (64 g.) applesauce
- 1/2 cup (154 g) organic agave nectar
- 1 large (55 g.) egg
- 1 cup (156 g.) zucchini, grated on the small holes of a box grater
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups (160 g.) Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix
- 3/4 cup (83 g.) King Arthur Gluten-Free Ancient Grains Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (140 g.) raisins
- For Lemon Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese (light cream cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered stevia, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons 1% milk
Adapted from simplysugarandglutenfree.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
Cream butter and agave, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add applesauce in two additions, making sure it’s fully incorporated.
Beat in the egg, then stir in zucchini and lemon zest.
Whisk together Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix, Ancient Grains Mix, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Toss the raisins with a few pinches of the flour mix.
This will suspend the raisins in the cookie batter.
Dump entire flour mix on top of the wet ingredients and stir until almost combined.
Add raisins and stir until evenly distributed.
Drop heaping tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet about two inches apart.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies are set and light golden brown.
Let cookies cool on baking Sheetrock for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Top with lemon cream cheese drizzle if desired. Store in an airtight container.
For Lemon Cream Cheese Drizzle:
Whip cream cheese until light and fluffy.
Add stevia, lemon juice, and milk. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Place cream cheese drizzle in a Ziploc bag, close the bag, and then cut a small hole in one corner.
Use the Ziploc as a piping bag and drizzle the cream cheese back and forth across your cookies.
This won’t set up firmly at room temperature.
It is eecommended drizzling before serving the cookies or you can store drizzled cookies in a single layer in the refrigerator.
It will set up nicely.
You'll also love
- Paleo Yummy Sweet Potato Gnocchi 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes with Crispy... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Persimmon Bread 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Fresh Blueberry Jam 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Holiday Pumpkin Bread 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Orange juice 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Alouette Almond Zucchini Stuffed... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Zucchini Salad 4.3/5 (9 Votes)