I like this zesty lemon-ginger fish when I need a light dinner option in a hurry. Filled with the fragrant flavors of zesty lemon, fresh ginger, iron-rich spinach, butter, and protein-rich cod, this dish is a perfect light and healthy dinner or lunch option any time of the year.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cod or other firm white fish
- 2 small lemons
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 (5-ounce) packages baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 4 pieces and set aside. Thinly slice one lemon and set aside. Finely shred peel from remaining lemon and then juice the lemon. In a small bowl combine the lemon peel and juice, ginger, and sugar. Set aside.
In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the four fish pieces to the skillet and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Don't overcook. Add the lemon juice, ginger, sugar mixture. Cover and cook for about 2 - 3 minutes. Use a spatula to carefully lift the fish from the skillet and transfer to a platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Add lemon slices to the skillet. Cook about 2 minutes or until lemon slices are softened and sauce is slightly thickened.
Meanwhile, place spinach in a very large, microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle with the water. Microwave on 100-percent power (high) about 2 minutes or just until wilted, tossing once after 1 minute.
To serve, divide spinach among four shallow serving bowls. Top with fish and sauce. Add lemon slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Confetti Corn Bread 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Garlic Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with a Kick 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Coconut Cheesecake 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Killer Potato Latkes 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Fish N Chips 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- La Grande Orange Cafe White Sangria 4/5 (24 Votes)