Confetti Corn Bread
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (7 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 c. roasted red peppers, diced & drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from TasteofHome.com February
•Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl, combine muffin mixes and cayenne pepper. In another bowl, mix eggs, corn, buttermilk and 1/4 cup oil until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in cheese, onion, chilies, red peppers and jalapeno.
• Brush remaining oil onto bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan; place in oven 4-5 minutes or until hot. Pour batter into hot pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.