Linguine with Green Peas & Pancetta
Good grief this is good! Substituted the pancetta with bacon and it was still a huge hit. Everyone loved it!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup pancetta, chopped (about 2-ounces)
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup shelled green peas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked linguine pasta
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) Parmesan cheese, grated
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 23mins
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add pancetta; cook for 10 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove pancetta from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Set pancetta aside. Add shallots; cook for 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add wine and thyme. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, cook until liquid reduces to 2 tablespoons (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat.
Cook pasta in boiling water with 1 tablespoon kosher salt according to package directions, omitting additional fat. Drain the pasta in a colander over a bowl, and reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Add pasta, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to pea mixture; toss well. Stir in reserved cooking liquid.
Place about 1 1/4 cups pasta mixture in each of 4 shallow bowls. Top each serving evenly with grated cheese and pancetta.
You'll also love
- Shrimp and Linguini 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Crispy Chicken with Shallots 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Straberry and Pistachio Cake 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Zucchini Fries With Buttermilk... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Sausage Apple Dressing with Bacon... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Pasta Sauce - Can it yourself! 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread with Oats 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)