Fresh Blueberry Jam
I got this recipe from one of The Garlic Press's cooking class. Great when served with bread and fresh churned butter.
- 1 pound fresh blueberries
- 3 About 3 cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice from 1 lemon
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
NOTE: Use a skillet instead of a sauce pan for quicker evaporation.
Set small bowl over larger bowl of ice water; set aside.
In a 12 inch skillet, bring fruit, sugar and lemon juice to boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and cook stirring constantly and skim foam as necessary. Mixture will begin to look syrupy and thicken slightly.
Spoon 1/2 teaspoon fruit mixture into bowl over ice water. Allow to set for 30 seconds...a soft gel will form that "moves slightly".
If mixture is liquid and runs to the side of the bowl, return skillet to heat and cook, stirring constantly, 1-2 minutes longer. Repeat the "moves slightly" test. Cool jam to room temperature before stirring.
Can use other juicy fruits like oranges or fresh peaches.
That's it. Put in an airtight container and it's good for a couple of weeks.
If you want, form it into a butter mold and impress your next dinner guests with your talent.
You'll also love
- Puff Pastries with Russian Tuna... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Holiday Pumpkin Bread 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Herbed Tomato Tart 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Spicy Apple Butter BBQ Pork... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Orange juice 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Bob Evans Sausage Cranberry... 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Blueberry Gelatin Dessert 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Rhubarb-Blueberry Jam - Annette 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe