Herbed Tomato Tart
Recipe source: Southern Living - August 2011
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 pint assorted small tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8-oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped assorted fresh herbs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tomatoes in a single layer on paper towels; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. Roll 1 pastry sheet into a 14-inch square on a lightly floured surface; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut 4 (12 x 1-inch) strips from remaining pastry sheet, and place strips along outer edges of pastry square, forming a border. Reserve remaining pastry for another use.
3. Pierce pastry all over with fork and bake for 14 minutes or until browned.
4. Sprinkle pastry with mozzarella cheese and next 3 ingredients. Top with tomatoes in a single layer. Sprinkle tomatoes with herbs and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; drizzle with oil.
5. Bake for 14 or 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.