Bacon Mushroom Stuffed Zucchini
- Two Medium zucchini cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 onion chopped fine
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped fine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded & chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped fine
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp bacon bits
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato, seeds removed (Roma works well)
- salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste
- Grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- A dab of garlic butter adds a nice flavor to filling and also rubbed on zucchini while baking.
Spray pam on small baking sheet.
Place zucchini face down and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes @ 400 degrees.
Meanwhile saute onion and mushrooms with olive oil. Add the parsley, spinach, bread crumbs, bacon bits, tomato and seasonings. Saute, when cooked add a little grated cheese.
Cut or scrape out seeded area of zucchini, fill with filling. Bake approximately 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Roast Turkey with Truffle Butter... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Cold Glass Noodle and Chicken... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Crash Potatoes - Two ways 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower and Cabbage... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Shrimp and Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Moist Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Homemade Mushroom Soup by Season... 4.4/5 (32 Votes)