Crash Potatoes - Two ways
I'm a big fan of creamy mashed potatoes-- really, I love spuds boiled, deep fried, roasted and baked. These potatoes are on the top of my list as a favorite way to serve spuds. No wonder this recipe has made it's rounds on countless blogs!
- The recipe is so simple that you really don't need measurements. What you will need is:
- Baking Sheet
- A brush to apply the olive oil
- Potato Masher (you can use a fork, but the masher makes thing easier)
- Potatoes of your choice-- I like red bliss or Yukon Gold
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt (I never use table salt for roasting)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Herb of your choice-- I've used fresh shopped rosemary or thyme. Dried herbs work, too
- Optional: heavy cream and parmesan cheese
- I've also seen versions using cheese and bacon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
On a baking sheet, drizzle oil and place the potatoes with enough room to give them a gentle "mash".
The easiest technique, is to press firmly but not to hard; rotatoe 90 degrees and repeat.
Brush some olive oil, a little salt and black pepper and some chopped fresh herbs of your choice-- I like rosemary or thyme.
As an option pour about 1 tablespoon of heavy cream and some fresh parmesan on a few of the potatoes.
Bake the potatoes for about 20 minutes. It really depends on your oven-- it might take a little longer.
Prepare to love these!
You'll also love
- Crab Dip Stuffed Bacon Cups 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower and Cabbage... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Southern Fried Cabbage 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Green Chili Jack... 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Pistachio Shortbread Cookies 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- The Best Cake Donuts 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Paleo Chicken Pad Thai 4.4/5 (31 Votes)