Cold Glass Noodle and Chicken Salad in Peanut Sauce
- 1 8 ounce package cellophane noodles
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Red pepper oil or Tabasco or Red Chili Paste with Garlic to taste or cayenne
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut into julienne sticks
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Soak the cellophane noodles in water to cover for 1 hour, and then add the chicken bouillon cubes Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the noodles are tender but not mushy.
Drain nearly all the broth, and cool the noodles in the refrigerator.
Mix the peanut butter with the hot water.
Stir with a fork until it has the consistency of heavy cream; you may need a bit more water.
Add the 3 tablespoons soy sauce and the red pepper sauce or Tabasco or cayenne.
Drain the noodles, and toss with this dressing cut the cucumber into small julienne pieces, and marinate in a sauce of 2 tablespoons soy sauce, the rice wine vinegar, sugar, and sesame oil.
Arrange the cucumber sticks on top of the noodles.
Garnish with the cooked chicken with some chopped peanuts.