Roasted Yam & Kale Salad
Super foods make a super salad! Nutrient-rich kale and garnet yams are the keys to this colorful salad. Make it ahead and serve at room temperature.
- 2 garnet or jewel yams, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Toss yams with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and arrange evenly onto a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven until the yams are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool to room temperature in the refrigerator.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion and garlic until the onion has caramelized to a golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Stir in the kale, cooking until wilted and tender. Transfer the kale mixture to a bowl, and cool to room temperature in the refrigerator.
Once all the ingredients have cooled, combine the yams, kale, red wine vinegar, and fresh thyme in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir gently.
You'll also love
- Balsamic Reduction with Grilled... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Mini-Latkes 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Best Bread Machine Buns 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Bulgur, Spinach and Tomato... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Potatoes & Haddock... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Pan Seared Cod with Arugula... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Deviled Eggs - Pioneer Woman 3.9/5 (104 Votes)