Pan Seared Cod with Arugula Campari Tomatoes & Fig Balsamic Glaze
This Pan Seared Cod with Arugula Campari Tomatoes & Fig Balsamic Glaze is such an easy and quick dish and you'll feel like you're in a 5-star restaurant, and you're at home!
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds filet of cod, 3 equal size pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, salted & divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 Campari tomatoes, cut into 2 thick slices
- 1 cup arugula, packed, divided
- 1/4 cup chardonnay
- 1/4 cup fig balsamic glaze
- 12 asparagus stalks, cooked, steamed or pan seared
- Coarse ground pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from allyskitchen.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Melt three tablespoons of the butter in a large (about 10") heavy skillet over medium high heat. Salt both sides of the cod. Put the cod (top side down first) Fry for about 90 seconds on each side. Then flip back to the top side. Move the cod to one side of the skillet.
You'll be making three serving 'stacks' in the skillet. Place two campari tomatoes in the skillet and on top of each, put equal amounts of arugula. Top with a piece of cod and one tablespoon of butter each.
Cook in a preheated 375°F oven about 5 minutes. Remove and carefully place cod stacks on serving plates. Add the asparagus.
In the empty skillet, turn heat to to medium high, add the remaining butter, melt then add the wine and deglaze the skillet. Pour over the cod stacks.
Drizzle each with the fig balsamic glaze.
I served asparagus with this dish. You can cook the asparagus in a cast iron skillet with olive oil, some lemon pepper, pepper and sea salt for about 5 minutes. I like to leave them slightly crunchy.
You'll also love
- Israeli Beef Roast 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Luck o' the Irish Corned Beef &... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Broccoli Rabe with Beans and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Plumped Ginger-Caramel Shrimp 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake 2 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spinach Tart with Olive-Oil... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Beets and Kale Salad 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Snapper Francese 3.9/5 (12 Votes)