Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Coconut Glaze
Zucchini makes this chocolatey loaf cake moist and delicious. Topped with a coconut glaze and shredded coconut, it is a perfect dessert!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup Hershey's special dark cocoa
- 1 2/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded and gently squeezed
- 1 cup dark (or semisweet) chocolate chips
- COCONUT GLAZE:
- 2 cups powdered confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sweetened (or unsweetened) coconut, shredded
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8" loaf pan.
In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and flour, mixing until well combined. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake bread for 55 to 75 minutes, until the loaf tests done (until a toothpick comes out clean).
Remove the bread from the oven, and let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before turning it out of the pan onto a cooling rack.
In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and coconut milk. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm bread.
Cool bread completely before slicing.
You'll also love
- Baked Dijon Salmon 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Beef Taco Noodle Casserole Recipe... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple, pineapple, mint and lemon... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Two-Potato Gratin 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Never Enough Green Bean Casserole 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Chocolate Flan 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Homemade Whole Berry Cranberry... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Cinnamon Soft Chocolate Chip... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)