Guacamole with Blue Cheese & Bacon
Looking for a new spin on your favorite dip? Look no further, Guacamole with Blue Cheese and Bacon is all you'll ever need. All your bases are covered.
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 serrano chili, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup picked cilantro leaves, finely chopped, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons juice from 2 limes
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from seriouseats.com
Place onion, chili, half of cilantro leaves, and salt in a mortar and pestle. Pound into a fine paste. Alternatively, combine onion, chili, half of cilantro, salt, and half of lime juice in a food processor or blender and process until smooth paste is formed, scraping down sides as necessary.
Split each avocado in half, discard pits, and spoon out flesh into a medium bowl. Roughly mash with a stiff whisk. Add onion/chili puree, remaining cilantro leaves, and half of lime juice (if using mortar and pestle method). Fold to combine. Add blue cheese and bacon, reserving some bacon bits and blue cheese as garnish. Season to taste with more salt and lime juice. Serve immediately with warm tortilla chips.
You'll also love
- Creamy Potato Cheese Soup 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Bunny Nibbles – Carrot Crisps 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Mardi Gras Jambalaya 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Bacon Bourbon Caramel Popcorn 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Tuscan Pork Medallions for Two 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Mushroom Fried Rice 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Holiday Pinwheels 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Black and White Banana Loaf 4.4/5 (13 Votes)