Cinnamon Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies (with coconut flour)
Soft chocolate chip cookies (made with coconut flour) that have a cake-like texture.
- 2/3 cup coconut flour (2 3/4oz)
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch (1 1/4oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or any sugar of your liking)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (*we did 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional; add two teaspoons for a strong cinnamon flavor)
- 2 whole eggs or 2 flax gels
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 4 tablespoons coconut butter, softened (or real butter or vegan butter)
- 3-4 tablespoons water
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from purelytwins.com
1. Have all ingredients out to room temperature.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large bowl, place all your dry ingredients. Stir.
4. Add in your chocolate chips and stir.
5. Next add in your softened (liquid) coconut butter, coconut oil and eggs (or flax gel – 3 tbsp flax meal with 6 tbsp water, let sit for 10 minutes.
7. End with adding in your water. Till you get the batter to start holding together. You want it to be on the thick side.
8. Scoop onto cookie sheets.
9. We got about 20-21 cookies, all depends on your size scooper.
10. Bake for 14-16 minutes.
11. Cool before removing from cookie sheets.