Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
This bread tastes exactly like a chocolate cake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups unpacked brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup regular egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, allspice and cinnamon; set aside.
In a medium bowl whisk together the sugar and applesauce. Beat in egg substitute until just combined. Stir in vanilla, buttermilk, zucchini and chocolate chips. Gently stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
Divide batter equally among the two loaf pans. Bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and muffin tops are springy to the touch, 45 to 55 minutes; rotating halfway through baking time. Cool loafs in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Macaroni & Cheese 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Blueberry Blitz 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Raisin Filled Cookies 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Asparagus pastry 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Chews for Dogs 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Jennifer's Pumpkin Pie 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Low Carb Cheesy Yellow Squash... 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
Review this recipe