Au Gratin Potato Balls
Similar to Omaha Steaks Potatoes Au Gratin, absolutely scrumptious!
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup dried onion
- 8 ounces cream cheese, may use low fat
- 8 ounces sour cream, may use low fat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, for coating balls
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 100mins
Bake potatoes, either in oven or microwave, Cool, peel and shred. (I use shredder on my Salad shooter) In a large bowl combine dried onion, sour cream, cream cheese, butter and seasonings. Mix in shredded potatoes until well combined.
Take an ice cream scoop and dip out mixture and roll into a ball. Roll the potato ball in Parmesan cheese until well coated and place on a cookie sheet. Continue making balls until all mixture is gone. Cover and freeze. Once frozen the balls can be placed in plastic bags or containers and stored in freezer.
To use, remove as many as needed and place on a cookie sheet. Bake in 350°F. oven for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned.
You'll also love
- Fried Mashed Potato Balls 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Stuffed Pork Chops (with stovetop... 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Cannellini Bean Salad (South... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Instant Potato Lefse 3.9/5 (26 Votes)
- Cabbage Soup Diet 7 Day Plan 3.8/5 (23 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Blueberry BBQ Meatballs 3.9/5 (28 Votes)
- Dr. Oz Veggie Flush Smoothies 3.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)