Zucchini Cake with Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 4-oz (approx. 1/3 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 3-4 cups shredded zucchini (4-5 medium)
Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9×13-in baking pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, lime zest and applesauce until very smooth. Stir in flour mixture and mix only until just combined, with no streaks of flour remaining. Stir in shredded zucchini.
Pour batter into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
Bake for 28-31 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached.
Cool cake on wire rack (cake can be cooled in the pan).
Frost top of cake (not sides) once it is completely cooled.
Lower Fat Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 cups marshmallow creme (7-oz)
1 tbsp lime zest
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy. Spread on cooled cake.
You'll also love
- Peach Cupcakes with Brown Sugar... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Grape Jelly Meatballs 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Potato Ham Omelet Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Green Bean Supreme 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Dessert 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Spread with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)