Avocado Soup with Chicken and Lime
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 14.1g
Total Carbs: 23.9g
Dietary Fiber: 6.3g
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas, julienned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, sliced thinly
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into thin strips
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.Arrange tortilla strips on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
3.In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, garlic and jalapenos in olive oil until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Gently simmer until chicken is cooked, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in avocado and cilantro and heat through. Adjust seasonings.
4.Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with tortilla strips to serve.
You'll also love
- Parmesan & Herb Cheese Straws 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet & Sour Meatballs 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sauteed Pork Tenderloin Medallions... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Penne with Prosciutto, Walnuts &... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken, Broccoli & Cheese Skillet... 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- "Ono" Chicken Long Rice * WW 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken Salad Spirals 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken Nachos 4.6/5 (36 Votes)