This oyster dressing is what we had for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year when I was growing up. The cheese adds a perfect flavor the dressing, and to the top of the casserole.
- 2 large onions
- 2 heads garlic
- 4 ribs celery
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 large green pepper
- 4 bunches green onions
- 1 large box seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 dozen oysters, with water
- 1 (8-ounce) container grated Romano cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Sauté the onions, garlic, celery, parsley, green pepper and green onions in olive oil till VERY limp. Slowly add enough bread crumbs until the mixture is like a paste. Add oyster water if it gets too dry. Add ½ cup of Romano cheese and mix thoroughly.
Blend oysters in a blender to chop-up. Be careful not to over blend -- they should be small pieces, not liquified.
Add oysters slowly to the vegetable mixture.. Add breadcrumb if the mixture gets to watery. Salt and pepper to taste. Place mixture in a baking pan and top with breadcrumbs and Romano cheese. Bake at 350°F until bubbling. Enjoy!!
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.8/5 (1551 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Cornbread Dressing 4.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Stuffing Muffins 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Oysters Rockefeller Sourdough... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Geraldine Jones' Louisiana Seafood... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Sausage with Smoked... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Tomato Quiche with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seafood Butter Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)