Spinach and Tomato Quiche with Potato Crust
- 2 medium Russet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into very thin disks (less than 1/8 inch)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained of all liquid
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (canned works fine)
- 5 or 6 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/2 cup cheese (any cheese you have on hand- cheddar is always great)
- 7 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Layer the sliced potatoes in an even layer in the bottom of a pie plate or quiche pan, overlapping the edges a bit. Brush with the olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through and slightly crisp. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the red pepper, spinach, mushrooms and cheese. Spread mixture in an even layer into the potato crust, then place the tomatoes cut side down on top of the vegetables.
In another large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Whisk until totally combined. Pour over the the vegetables. Top with additional black pepper, if desired. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
You'll also love
- Homemade No-Bake Dog Treats with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- beef brisket, wild mushroom 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Feta Alfredo Tortellini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Green Tomato Cake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- GENDARME POTATOES 0/5 (0 Votes)