My family loves stuffing. This year, I was inspired to bake stuffing in muffins tins, and that turned out to be a big hit! At the Thanksgiving table, it made serving the stuffing much easier. Plus, you can freeze these, as portions, to serve later. I'm sharing a basic stuffing recipe, but feel free to use your own, and embellish it as you wish.
- 1 (14-ounce) package Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing (or use your own stale bread combo of your choice)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups of chicken broth (I used homemade turkey stock), heated until almost boiling
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Bell's Seasoning (if a seasoning packet isn't included)
- Additions: stuffing recipes vary so much! You can add cooked sausage, chopped apples, dried cranberries, golden raisins, oysters...whatever your heart desires.
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
In a skillet, melt the butter, then add the celery and onion and sprinkle with a little coarse salt. Cook until softened 3 to 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, empty the bread cubes, and add the cooked vegetables, parsley and beaten eggs. Add the seasoning packet (or use your own mixture--I like Bell's Seasoning)
Add the stock, one cup at a time and give a gentle stir to combine. Add more stock until the bread mixture is moist, but not completely water-logged goopy and wet.
Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray, or generously grease with butter.
An ice cream scoop makes things easier to portion. Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes each, and the tops are crunchy and golden. Loosen each muffin with a knife and serve.
You can freeze these to reheat at a later time, too.
You'll also love
- Ina Garten's Baked Blintzes with... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potato Balls 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Moist Pumpkin-Spice Muffins from... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- KFC Biscuits 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Sweetie Pie's Candied Yams 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Southern Cornbread Dressing 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Wild Rice & Porcini Mushroom... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)