Geraldine Jones' Louisiana Seafood Stuffing
Quick and easy, and super delicious, this seafood stuffing recipe includes crab, shrimp and oysters! The gizzards add an important flavor profile, don't leave them out -- just chop them small, if you're unsure about them.
- 1 box corn bread stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 celery stalks finely diced
- 1/2 bell pepper finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves finely diced
- 1/2 pound chicken gizzards finely minced
- 1 (8-ounce) jar oysters, liquid reserved
- 1/2 pound small shrimp peeled , deveined
- 1 (6-ounce) can crab meat, liquid reserved
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 bunch green onions finely diced
- 1 bunch parsley minced
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Place corn bread stuffing mix in large bowl. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet and saute onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic until tender, 10 minutes. In another skillet, fry minced gizzards in remaining 1 tablespoon oil 10 minutes. Add oysters, shrimp and crab meat and cook until shrimp is done, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add gizzard mixture to bowl along with reserved oyster and crab juice. Fill empty oyster jar with water twice and add to stuffing mix. Add more liquid if stuffing appears too dry. Blend sauteed vegetables, seasoned salt, pepper, green onions and parsley into stuffing mix. Return stuffing to skillet. Cook on low heat about 10 minutes, then return to baking pan and bake at 350°F until brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
This recipe yields 16 servings.
Each of 16 servings: 187 calories, 412 mg sodium, 43 mg cholesterol, 5 grams fat, 25 grams carbohydrates, 11 grams protein, 0.32 gram fiber
You'll also love
- Oyster Mushroom Tempura 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Italian Mushroom Gravy 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seafood Boudin 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- New England-Style Lobster Dinner 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Joe's Crab Shack's Pineapple... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Best Hamburger Buns - Made in an... 3.9/5 (55 Votes)
- Confetti Popcorn 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Peach-Mustard Pork Chops 4.3/5 (17 Votes)