Grilled Sausage with Smoked Coleslaw
- 1/2 small head savoy cabbage, cut in half and core removed
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 serrano chile, finely chopped
- 4 sweet pork sausages
- 4 hero rolls, split
1. Cut the cabbage into thin strips and add to a bowl with the carrots, onion, oil, vinegar, paprika, mustard, coriander, cilantro, salt, and chile. Mix into a slaw and set aside to marinate.
2. Grill the sausages whole on a grill or in a grill pan for about 15 minutes, until cooked through. (Or grill the sausages whole for a few minutes and then cut them in half and finish grilling on the cut side.) Stuff the rolls with the cabbage slaw. Place the sausages on top, and follow with some more slaw. Serve immediately.