Chinese Honey Chicken
Chinese Honey Chicken is so easy to make at home, you won't be stopping for take out! Serve with rice, and don't forget the fortune cookies!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1” chunks)
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with 1 teaspoon water
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from blogchef.net
In a large bowl mix all cornstarch, flour, baking powder, water, salt, egg, and egg white (batter ingredients) together until smooth. Cover and allow the batter to site for at least 30 minutes. Add the chicken to the batter tossing to coat.
Heat a deep fryer to 350°F
Fry chicken bits in patches for 2 minutes or until batter becomes firm. Drain on paper towels.
To make the sauce. Heat 1 ½ tablespoons of oil in your wok. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry for 30 seconds.
Add salt, honey, vinegar, and water. Mix well. Combine 1 teaspoon of water with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch. Add to the sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
Makes 4 servings
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken &... 4.4/5 (196 Votes)
- Easy Pad Thai 4.3/5 (210 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings 4.3/5 (244 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sweet Pineapple Chicken 3.8/5 (219 Votes)
- Panda Express-Style Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Panko Oven Fried Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Church's Fried Chicken 3.8/5 (279 Votes)
- Chicken with Honey Beer Sauce 4.5/5 (72 Votes)