Easy Pad Thai
This Pad Thai recipe is super easy to make, you'll never order it in a restaurant again! Add chicken, shrimp or tofu if you'd like to add a little protein, or serve as a side dish.
- 8 ounces dried, wide and flat rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 squirt Sriracha, about 1/8 teaspoon, optional
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, separated and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs, light beaten, optional
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from browniesfordinner.com
Soak noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, and Sriracha.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add green onion whites and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with spatula until eggs are almost set (about 30 seconds). Transfer eggs to a plate.
Add noodles, green onion greens, and sauce to skillet. Cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are soft, about 1 minute. Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently.
Serve noodles with lime wedges, topped with cilantro and peanuts.
Notes and variations:
For Chicken Pad Thai: While the noodles are soaking, cut up 1 small chicken breast (or half of one of the colossal ones) into bite sized pieces. Marinate the chicken in a little bit of soy sauce and garlic (or make a little extra of the sauce for the noodles and marinate the chicken in that). Cook the chicken before you add the noodles to the pan.
To make Shrimp Pad Thai, marinate like the chicken. Cook the shrimp before you add the noodles to the pan.
You'll also love
- Applebee's Wonton Chicken Tacos 3.8/5 (1118 Votes)
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole 4.4/5 (207 Votes)
- Quick Chicken Tortilla Bake 4.4/5 (198 Votes)
- Simple 5 Ingredient Crock Pot... 3.9/5 (276 Votes)
- Mediterranean Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (175 Votes)
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup 4.3/5 (177 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Chicken Pad Thai 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken with... 4.9/5 (9 Votes)