Church's Fried Chicken
This fried chicken recipe gets its zesty flavors from Church's own recipe. Serve this extra crispy and extra flavorful fried chicken with any of your favorite side dishes like creamy mashed potatoes, warm biscuits, and maybe even green beans cooked in bacon and onions. This recipe can also be lightened up ever so slightly by serving it with a lightly dressed side salad.
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup biscuit mix
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup corn oil for frying
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Combine sugar, self-rising flour, cornstarch, salt, paprika, baking soda, biscuit mix, Italian dressing mix and onion soup mix in a 4-cup bowl. Mix to blend the ingredients thoroughly.
Blend the egg and water. Dip the chicken pieces in egg mixture and then into dry coating mix and repeat so each piece is double coated.
Pre-heat the oil in a heavy skillet. Brown pieces skin-side down for 4 to 6 minutes. Use medium high heat.
Turn and brown underside of pieces a few minutes. Transfer to an oiled or Pam-sprayed pan. Cover with foil, sealing it on only 3 sides of pan.
Bake at 350°F for about 45 to 50 minutes. Remove foil, then bake another 5 minutes until the coating is crisp.
You'll also love
- New Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan... 3.9/5 (391 Votes)
- A&W Chili Dog Sauce 3.8/5 (254 Votes)
- Campbell's® Cheesy Chicken and... 3.8/5 (322 Votes)
- No Bake Energy Balls 4.4/5 (120 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Chicken Fried Steak 3.8/5 (216 Votes)
- T.G.I. Friday's Spicy Cajun... 3.8/5 (684 Votes)
- Southern Fried Chicken 4.2/5 (110 Votes)
- Popeye's Fried Chicken Copycat 4.2/5 (82 Votes)