Ricotta & Pear Crostini with Rosemary Honey
Lightly baked slices of baguette are slathered with ricotta, then topped with 2 pear slices and sprinkled with a little pepper and drizzled with rosemary honey. This Ricotta and Pear Crostini with Rosemary Honey is a delicious way to start any meal and it makes a great snack any time of the year. This recipe is perfect for entertaining and your guests are sure to love this sweet and savory combination.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, plus additional leaves for garnish
- 8 (1/2-inch) slices of baguette, cut on a sharp angle
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 large, firm, ripe Bartlett pear, cored, and cut into 16 very thin slices
- coarsely ground black pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In small microwave-safe dish, combine honey and rosemary sprig; microwave for 30 seconds. Cover dish, set aside.
Brush baguette with oil, then arrange on baking sheet. Bake until start to crisp and turn golden, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and rub tops lightly with cut garlic clove.
Slather each with 2 teaspoons ricotta. Top each with 2 pear slices, sprinkle pepper, and drizzle rosemary honey. Garnish with rosemary leaves.
You'll also love
- Poached Salmon With Swiss Chard &... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Eggplant Cannelloni with Pine Nut... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cider-Braised Cabbage With Apples... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Tofu Ceviche 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mini Sloppy Joe Phyllo Cups 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Winter Greens Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Orange Cranberry Loaf 4.5/5 (4 Votes)