Orange Cranberry Loaf
Orange cranberry loaf is perfect for a Thanksgiving or Christmas brunch or dessert for the main meal. The fresh citrus flavors are a perfect match to the tart cranberries.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of one orange, about 1 tablespoon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup light tasting olive oil
- 1 cup fresh cranberries and 1/4 for the top
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cream or orange juice or milk
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from momwhats4dinner.com
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease the bottom of 8 inch loaf pan and add a piece of parchment, enough so that it sticks out over the sides of the pan.
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In another bowl, combine yogurt, eggs, sugar, orange zest, olive oil, orange juice and vanilla sugar.
Add in the 1 cup of cranberries, combine, pour batter into the pan. Add the extra cranberries on top of loaf.
Bake for about 1 hour, or until browned on top and cooked through.
Make the glaze by mixing the powdered sugar and orange juice. Drizzle over the warm cake.
*Make sure when you buy yogurt its plain yogurt made with only simple ingredients, like cream, milk and bacterial cultures, anything else is not real yogurt. Homemade is best but not always an option.
Try rolling the cranberries in flour before putting them in the mix. It’s supposed to work with blueberries too.
You'll also love
- Autumn Couscous Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Artichoke-Spinach Spread 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry-Pumpkin Waffles 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Avocado & Hearts of Palm Chop Chop... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Strawberry Basil Balsamic Jelly 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Seared Cod with orange glaze 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cafe Rio Lime Rice 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Highbush Cranberry Liqueur 4.3/5 (6 Votes)