Cream cheese and pumpkin are an incredible duo. One of the best fall combos.
- 3 eggs, separate egg yolks and egg whites
- 1 cup sugar, divided in half
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounces) softened cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from chef-in-training.com
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Line a 15x10 inch baking pan with waxed paper. Grease and flour the pan and the top of the paper.
In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until think. Gradually add ½ cup sugar and the pumpkin. Beat mixture until the sugar is almost dissolved.
In a smaller bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the pumpkin mixture.
In a smaller bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gently fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread into pan.
Bake at 375˚F for 13 to 15 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched. Cool 5 minutes and turn cake onto a kitchen towel sprinkled with powder sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in in the towel starting with the shorter side. Cool completely before adding the filling.
In small bowl beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
Unroll cake and spread filling.
Roll up again and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Sundried Tomato and Parmesan... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mahi Mahi Tacos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Breasts - Bacon Wrapped Cheese &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade Cracker Jack® Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Creme Caramel 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegan Pumpkin Banana Smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Frosting 0/5 (0 Votes)