Mockafoni & Cheese
Do you like macaroni and cheese but can do without the carbs? Give this Mockafoni & Cheese a try, it's low in carbs but big on flavor!
- 16 ounce bag frozen cauliflower
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or low carb milk
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced chives, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Cook the cauliflower until tender; drain well.
In a 1 1/2 quart casserole; soften the cream cheese in the microwave about 30-40 seconds on HIGH.
Whisk in the cream until smooth, then stir in 4 ounces cheddar cheese. Microwave on MEDIUM about 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Stir well until creamy and smooth, microwaving a little longer if necessary.
Stir in the green onions, chives, salt and pepper. Add the cauliflower and gently fold into the cheese sauce to coat well.
Adjust the seasonings if needed. Top with the remaining 2 ounces cheese and bake at 350ºF for 35 minutes, until bubbly and brown on top.
May be made ahead and frozen.
Per 1/4 Recipe: 326 Calories; 27g Fat; 15g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs
Per 1/6 Recipe: 217 Calories; 18g Fat; 10g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
You'll also love
- Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese 3.8/5 (2422 Votes)
- Broken Glass Cupcakes 3.8/5 (138 Votes)
- Oreo Lasagna 4/5 (48 Votes)
- Sandwich - Deli-Style Roast Beef... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Asparagus Roll-ups 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Preserves - Peach Homemade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rex Sole with Grapefruit Olive... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gobble Gobble Apple Cider Sangria 0/5 (0 Votes)