Classic Pumpkin Roll with Orange Cream Cheese Filling
Libby's Pumpkin Roll is a classic recipe that will please anyone who loves pumpkin. I took the liberty of adding some fresh orange zest, and a little pure orange extract to the filling.
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange zest (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure orange extract (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 23mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl.
Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture.
Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
Beat cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract and orange zest and extract (if using) in small mixer bowl until smooth.
Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.
You'll also love
- Ina Garten's Baked Blintzes with... 4.3/5 (43 Votes)
- Cheesy Potato Wedges... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Buffalo Pierogies 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Lemon Melting Moments 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Candy Cane Martini 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy Baked Orange... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Orange Lime Vinaigrette 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Zucchini cheesy rice 4.4/5 (37 Votes)