Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
This Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette recipe comes together quickly. The warm bacon vinaigrette really sets this side dish off!
- 1 1/2 pounds small Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and any blemished outer leaves removed
- 6 slices applewood-smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tart apples, diced
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
To prepare the Brussels sprouts, using a mandoline, a very sharp knife, or the thinnest slicing blade on a food processor, very thinly slice the Brussels sprouts into fine shreds. Transfer to a serving bowl and, using your hands, fluff and separate the shreds.
In a frying pan over medium heat, fry the bacon until brown and crisp and the fat renders, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon pieces to a paper towel, then sprinkle over the salad.
Discard all but ¼ cup of the hot bacon fat. Re-warm over medium then whisk in the grainy mustard, cider vinegar, and honey until well combined. Drizzle over the shaved Brussels sprouts and apples and season with salt and pepper.
Toss gently and serve.
You'll also love
- Kiwi Vanilla Cupcakes with Kiwi... 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Crispy Crab cakes with tartar sauce 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Shepherd's Pie 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sweet Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Bacon Bombs: 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Pork Chops in the Pressure Cooker 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- French's Original Green Bean... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Sticky Bacon Bread 4.6/5 (29 Votes)