Toasted Orzo Salad And Pear Tomatoes W Chardonnay Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Finely-chopped red onion
- 2 Shallots finely sliced
- 3 cups Orzo pasta divided
- 3 1/2 cups Chicken stock
- 3 Plum tomatoes, yellow and red finely diced
- 1/4 cup Coarsely-chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup Chardonnay vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Add the onion and shallots and cook until soft. Add half of the orzo and toast in the olive oil until golden brown. Add the remaining orzo and stock and bring to a boil, continue cooking until the liquid is absorbed.
Remove from heat and add the tomatoes and parsley, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- My Orzo Salad 4.6/5 (164 Votes)
- Swiss Chard Stems, Grilled with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Penne with tofu, porcini mushroom... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Classic Midwestern Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baja-Style Fish Tacos With Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Bean Bechamel Over Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Halibut With Nectarine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Noodles With Turkey Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)