Penne with tofu, porcini mushroom and swiss chard
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- box of sliced mushrooms
- white wine
- 2 large bunches Swiss chard, center stems removed and leaves chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup plus some extra love of vegan mascarpone cheese, at room temperature (8 ounces)
- Tofu, cubed
- salt and pepper
Mascarpone Cheese :
7 oz raw cashew nuts, pre-soaked – or if using a high speed blender just rinse before processing
1 tsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp maple syrup or agave
½ cup cold water
1½ tsp agar powder mix well with ½ cup boiling water
Boil the broth and mushrooms over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Turn off the heat and allow the mushrooms to soften in the liquid, about 20 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and coarsely chop.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally. Drain and reserve about 1 cup pasta water.
Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick saute pan. Add the shallots, garlic, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook until the shallots are soft, about 3 minutes. Pour in wine (as much as you like) Add the chard in batches and cook until wilted, about 7 minutes. More salt and pepper.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the mascarpone cheese. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the mushroom mixture, chicken and reserved pasta water if necessary. Toss until all the ingredients are coated and serve.
You'll also love
- No Bake Pineapple Cream Pie 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Candied Popcorn 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Cherry Cream Cheese Bake 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Baked Tilapia with Garlic Butter 4/5 (84 Votes)
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples &... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Better Chicken Marsala for Two 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Spinach and Tortellini Soup 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Herb Tuna Salad, Clementine... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)