Scallop, Sugar Snap Pea, Corn And Tomato Salad
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels thawed, or fresh
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper divided
- 2 medium tomatoes - (abt 1 lb) chopped
- 1 pound fresh scallops (use sea scallops)
- 1 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add sugar snap peas and corn; return to a boil and simmer until peas and corn are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain vegetables, rinse under cold water and drain again.
Whisk together vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes; toss and let stand 10 minutes until tomatoes release juices.
Meanwhile, sprinkle scallops with remaining salt and pepper. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat skillet over high heat. Add scallops and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove scallops from heat; set aside.
Add snap peas, corn and basil to tomato mixture; toss to mix and coat.
Divide scallops among four plates. Top scallops with vegetable mixture.
This recipe yields 4 servings; about 4 to 5 scallops and 1 1/2 cups of vegetables per serving.
Points® Value: 4
You'll also love
- Classic Midwestern Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baja-Style Fish Tacos With Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Bean Bechamel Over Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Open-Faced Crab-Melt Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Noodles With Turkey Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Lobster Tail With Sauce... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive And Sun-Dried Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rabbit With White Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)