Rabbit With White Beans
- 1 pound white beans soaked overnight
- 2 cups carrots diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 celery ribs diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Chicken broth as needed
- 2 young rabbits cut into pieces
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 cup tomato puree
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place white beans, carrot, onion, celery and garlic in a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven. Add chicken broth to one inch over beans and vegetables. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about one hour or until beans are softened, but not cooked completely.
Cook the bacon in a large skillet until done. Remove bacon, leaving grease in the pan, and break into bite-sized pieces.
Fry rabbit pieces in bacon until browned. Add browned rabbit, bacon and tomato puree to pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees. Check occasionally to make sure that liquid has not cooked out. Add additional chicken broth to cover rabbit, if needed.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (148 Votes)