Rabbit With White Beans
- 1 pound white beans soaked overnight
- 2 cups carrots diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 celery ribs diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Chicken broth as needed
- 2 young rabbits cut into pieces
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 cup tomato puree
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place white beans, carrot, onion, celery and garlic in a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven. Add chicken broth to one inch over beans and vegetables. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about one hour or until beans are softened, but not cooked completely.
Cook the bacon in a large skillet until done. Remove bacon, leaving grease in the pan, and break into bite-sized pieces.
Fry rabbit pieces in bacon until browned. Add browned rabbit, bacon and tomato puree to pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees. Check occasionally to make sure that liquid has not cooked out. Add additional chicken broth to cover rabbit, if needed.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Arrabbita Vegan Sauce 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Poached Salmon Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato, Onion And Pea Champ 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin En Croute 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentils With Bulgur Wheat And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Pork With Rosemary-Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Parmesan 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Forcemeat 5/5 (1 Votes)