Soft Glazed Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Soft Glazed Pumpkin Sugar Cookies, the recipe's title says it all... yum! These can be eaten warm out of the oven with lots of runny, gooey glaze or after they've cooled for a couple of hours which hardens the glaze.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 28mins
Adapted from laurenslatest.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside. In a large bowl, stir butter, oil, pumpkin, sugars, vanilla and eggs together until incorporated and smooth. Slowly mix in all dry ingredients until completely incorporated. Scoop onto prepared baking sheet using 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop and flatten to 1/2 inch thick using the bottom of a glass. If the dough is sticking to the glass, press the bottom of the glass in granulated sugar before flattening.
Bake 8 to 9 minutes.
While cookies bake, stir all ingredients together for glaze until smooth.
Once cookies are finished baking, cool 3 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons glaze over each warm cookie. Let glaze harden 2 to 3 hours before serving. OR eat them warm with lots of runny glaze :)
You'll also love
- Apple Cranberry Dump Cake Cobbler 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Sufganiyot 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Bacon Lettuce Tomato (BLT) Spring... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Monster Bark 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Quick Strawberry Ice Cream 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Skillet Cornbread 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Pumpkin, Pecan, Cheesecake Pie 4/5 (92 Votes)