Bacon Lettuce Tomato (BLT) Spring Roll
- fresh lettuce, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes (seeded and sliced 1/4" thick)
- 6 pieces of bacon, fried
- fresh basil, mint or other herbs
- rice paper
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from whiteonricecouple.com
In large bowl, fill it with water and make it warm by adding hot water. Gently dip each rice paper wrapper in warm water for a few seconds till damp. Don't over soak the rice paper. Place rice paper on plate, or working surface. As rice paper begins to absorb the water and become more soft and pliable (10-30 seconds, depending on wrappers and water temp.), begin to add the fillings.
On the 1/3 section of the rice paper wrapper closest to you, start layering your fillings of lettuce, tomatoes and bacon. You can just have 1 bacon per spring roll but if you want to make it extra flavorful and decadent, add 2 slices of bacon.
Start rolling the wrapper over the fillings away from you, tucking and rolling the wrapper with your fingers, making sure all the fillings remain right and round within the rice paper wrapper.
Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap to eat a few hours later.
Sesame-Soy Dipping Sauce
1/2 c Soy Sauce
1 T Mayonnaise
1 t fresh Lime Juice
1 t Sesame Oil
Combine all ingredients in a small mason jar. Close lid and shake vigorously for 15 seconds or until emulsified.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Coffee Cake With Vanilla... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Honey-Roasted Brussels Sprouts And... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker 5-Minute Macaroni... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Penne Pasta With Spinach and... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Lettuce Wraps with Turkey &... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.3/5 (32 Votes)