Banana Brownies with Frosting
You may want to make a double batch of these sweet banana brownies so you can try both frosting options! Brown Butter? Vanilla Bean? Why not both!
- BANANA BREAD BARS:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (Optional)
- BROWN BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- VANILLA BEAN FROSTING:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
BANANA BREAD BARS:
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Grease and flour 15 by 10 inch jelly roll pan.
In a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy.
Blend in bananas and vanilla extract.
Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and blend for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts. if desired.
Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
BROWN BUTTER FROSTING:
Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling.
Let the butter turn a delicate brown and remove from heat immediately. (It turns quickly, so pay attention.)
Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until smooth (it should be thicker than a glaze but thinner than frosting).
Using a spatula, spread the brown butter frosting over the warm bars.
VANILLA BEAN FROSTING:
Mix butter and cream until smooth.
Mix in vanilla.
Beat in confectioner's sugar until frosting is of spreading consistency.
Spread on cooled brownies.
You'll also love
- Neiman Marcus Dip 4.6/5 (417 Votes)
- 7 Up Biscuits 3.8/5 (610 Votes)
- Betty Crocker Cake Mix & A Can of... 3.9/5 (974 Votes)
- Fail-Proof Pizza Dough & Cheesy... 4/5 (532 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.3/5 (465 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Cake 3.8/5 (702 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.4/5 (354 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)