This is Yankee Style cornbread, sweet with slathered butter and honey. Who needs cornbread mix when you have this incredible recipe?
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/3 cup milk (I used skim milk)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 10 1/2-inch cast-iron skillet and place in oven while it is preheating.
In a large bowl, cream together sugar, butter, salt, & vanilla.
Stir in eggs and mix well.
In a separate medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, & cornmeal.
Alternately stir flour mixture & milk into egg mixture and beat until well-blended.
Bake in preheated cast-iron skillet for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Serve warm with butter & honey.
You'll also love
- Almond Shortbread 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- APPLE BRAID 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Classic French Napoleon 4/5 (88 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Shrimp 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Copycat Panera Bread Double Orange... 4.2/5 (61 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Soup from The Lion 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Chinese Slaw 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries 4.4/5 (34 Votes)