Spiced Pumpkin Soup
Great fall flavors, simple to make! Low in fat and calories! A rich combination of spices make this soup very flavorful! Brown sugar adds a sweet touch.
- for garnish:
- 1 T olive Oil
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 t curry powder
- 1 t cumin powder
- 1/4 t cardamom
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- 1/4 t pepper flakes
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 C low sodium chicken broth
- 1 15oz can pumpkin
- 1 12oz can fat free evaporated milk
- 1 T brown sugar/or more, adjust to taste
- low fat greek yogurt
- chopped parsley
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. In large pot heat olive oil and saute onions 3 min
add garlic saute 2 min
stir in salt, peppers and spices and whisk 1 min.
2. Whisk in broth, brown sugar and pumpkin and simmer 15 min.
add milk and simmer 5 min. longer.
3. With an immersion blender purée soup till smooth, Ladle into bowls , top with yogurt parsley and fresh gr. black pepper.
(I put yogurt into a sandwich baggie , cut small hole in bottom corner and squeeze onto soup.)
You'll also love
- Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie 4/5 (74 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spiced Tamales 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Chocolate Black Bean Blender... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Sprinkle Cake with Swiss Meringue... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Stuffed Cabbage 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake Bars 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Noodle Soup with Spinach 4.7/5 (9 Votes)